What is Design and Build?
Design & Build (D&B or D/B) is a project delivery system used in the construction industry. Traditionally, construction projects are led by separate designers and contractors who consult and liaise between themselves to ensure delivery. Design & Build uses a single design–builder or design–build contractor instead.
The D & B contractor is responsible for all of the work on the project and is the single point of contact. This system is used to minimise risks for the project owner and to save time by coordinating the design and construction phases of the project to run concurrently. From a customer’s perspective, a D & B contract ensures time and cost savings with the minimum of regulatory “headaches”.
Why choose Inova Limited for Design and Build?
- The highest professional standards.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Services of only reputable, registered Architects and Engineers are used.
- All the ‘headaches’ associated with approvals and construction are passed on to us (the D & B contractor) leaving you (the client) free to focus on your own business
- Best practice and adherence to the highest construction standards.
- Concept to bespoke Turnkey Solution.
- Cost effectiveness due to complete ‘one stop’ package solution.
Typical Design and Build Process
- Initial meeting with Client to assess the needs.
- Formulation of Concept and presentation to Client.
- Agreement on the Concept and discussions on the design and the professionals to be used.
- Preliminary drawings.
- Discussions with Client, amendments, alterations, etc.
- Final drawings – Architectural, Structural, Mechanical & Electrical and Bills of Quantities.
- Submission to Regulatory Authority / KCCA / Municipal Councils.
- Approvals received.
- Commencement and completion of construction.
- Hand Over to Client.